How To Treat Aging Skin
Most people aspire to retard and counteract the basic signs of aging by various means. Aging skin frequently develops patches of peculiar pigmentation. Flat brown spots (lentigos) that look like large freckles are the result of skin maturation, exposure to the sun, and genetic factors. Treating aging skin is not so tough for a dermatologist as he/she can remove them easily with a light application of liquid nitrogen, an electric current, or various chemical peeling agents. Sun-induced facial spider veins can also be treated with a fine electric needle.
Collagen Fibers To Treat Aging Skin
As the collagen fibres lose elasticity with age, the skin becomes thinner and wrinkled. You can buy various collagen products to apply to the skin, but it has not been proven that collagen can penetrate the skin in sufficient amounts to restore your won collagen tissue. Any topical preparation applied to the face may also lead to an adverse reaction. If you experience itching, redness, or blistering, stop using the product immediately. Consult a dermatologist if the symptoms persist for more than 24 hours.
Collagen fibres can be injected to fill out prominent and fine wrinkles, acne and other disfiguring scars, and contour defects. In the hands of a skilled dermatologist or plastic surgeon, the procedure is simple, relatively painless and produces immediate results. However, the effects are not permanent, as the collagen will be absorbed by your body over a period of six to 18 months. You must also be tested for sensitivity before you can be treated.
Sunburn is a common problem and has large effects on the quality of the skin, but even on cloudy days UV rays are quite penetrating and accelerate wrinkling and produce spider veins in your skin. Sunscreens should be applied whenever you are ready for some outdoor activities, using a cream with SPF 30 plus is recommended in the summer.
Plastic Surgery To Treat Aging
Plastic surgery can remove loose or flabby skin on the neck and erase deep furrows on the forehead, but cannot completely eradicate deep furrows between the nose and mouth. The effects of a facelift can be excellent but they are not permanent; on average, they last for between five and seven years. Blepharoplasty, plastic surgery to remove folds of skin over and bags under the eyes, is also very successful and the effects are often permanent.
Facial Exercise To Prevent Aging Skin
You can help to keep your facial muscles firm and help prevent drooping of your features by devoting just 6 minutes a day to these exercises. Do each action for 6 seconds and repeat it 10 times. It is important to keep the rest of the face relaxed while working on any specific area.
- Horizontal forehead lines – Place the side of the forefingers gently but firmly against the forehead just above the eyebrows, allowing thumbs to rest lightly on cheeks, and raise the eyebrows against the resistance of the fingers.
- Vertical forehead lines – Place the underside of the forefingers flat against the forehead just above the eyebrows. Pull gently toward the temples.
- Mouth wrinkles – place the hands flat on the cheeks with the fingertips touching the cheekbones and the wrists meeting. Gently pull toward the ears. Holding this, say “you”.
- Droopy chin – Hold your head up straight, chin level, shoulders back and relaxed. Place your forefinger horizontally between your teeth. Push your tongue against the roof of your mouth while keeping your teeth touching your finger.
- Neck 1 – with your mouth half open, place your palms under your jaw and curve your fingers around to rest lightly on the side of your cheekbones. Try to open your mouth against the resistance of your hands.
- Neck 2 –Place one hand flat on your forehead and the other on your chin. Move your head forward against the resistance of your hands, keeping your shoulders straight and relaxed.
Get updates and read additional stories on the Health Orbit Fan Page.
For Guest posts, Sponsored posts and other details, please click ‘Contact Us’ page.